Redeemer is a church made up of saints, though not the kind you may be thinking of.
When the Bible uses the word, it talks about people like Peter who turned his back on the Lord, but was forgiven or Paul who struggled with his sin even as an apostle. Saints aren’t sinless people, but sinners who have found a great savior who loves and forgives them and are amazed that God chooses to use them for His glory! That’s us–a bunch of sinners who have found forgiveness in relationship with Jesus.
Redeemer is a Bible-believing church in the Reformed tradition. That means that like Luther, Calvin and the other reformers, we believe God is in charge and His love is amazing. We are also Presbyterian, which simply means that we are led by elders. We are a part of the PCA (Presbyterian Church in America) a strongly evangelistic, mission-oriented Bible-believing denomination.
SUMMARY OF OUR BELIEFS
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save.
- We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.